Monday, October 6, 2014

Henley the Hedgehog's Home

There is a tree in a nearby park that has really caught the eye of all the neighbourhood children. You see, this is not any ordinary tree. This tree has a little door on it.  It also has a mini "Welcome" mat, mini garbage and recycling bins and tons of acorns children have left in front of the little door.  





New little objects appear all of the time. Every time my boys and I visit, something new is added to the quaint little dwelling. Some wonderful person has taken the time to brighten the days of the community.  Apparently, Henley the Hedgehog lives in the tree!  My son was lucky enough to meet Henley last week, before it got to cold for him to come out to visit. 





This week when we went to visit, we saw a Crime Stoppers posting with a photo of a chipmunk who was "Most Wanted" and a reward was offered. It seems that the chipmunk has been helping himself to Henley's acorns! When I saw this notice, it instantly made me smile. Absolutely adorable!


I can't wait until our next visit to Henley Hedgehog's house. I wonder if he will decorate for Halloween! Somehow, I think he will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment